Thursday 22 January 2009

Convenience in paradise.

As you can see, there have been developments. Having come under bombardment from the pelicans (shit, fish-heads) and the tankers (oil, kitchen rubbish) I have decamped from my hut onto the island proper. This has advantages (see detritus above) and insects. While I now enjoy some privacy, lurking, crawling and flying things are invading it. This has meant repeated bathing, so I am now in severe danger of shrinkage and severe need of moisturiser. I have revised my luxury to a few cases of Clinique,but am sticking with the Hippopotamus Song for the time being. I am eating a lot of fruit and have managed to trap a few fish with a net made from the remnants of my vest. This diet has required me to reschedule my building plans, and I am starting on a woven palm-frond privy. This will a gentleman's only convenience (except for the mosquitoes of course, ravening bitches all.) of a tropical design all my own and a sea view. Everything has either a sea view or a jungle view, and I find the sea more conducive to contemplation.

1 comment: